| Pioneer Hair Transplant in Bangalore,India-provides Best Hair transplants and patient care from initial consultation to completed hair transplant. You will be attended to by professional, courteous, knowledgeable staff, whose sole aim is to provide you the best care possible. Pioneer Hair Transplant a pioneer in Hair Transplant in Bangalore, India offers people a chance to enhance their appearance and self-esteem, leading to better lifestyle and productivity. Most popular methods of performing hair transplants :
FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) also known as strip method.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) also known as strip method
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
FUT involves the removal of a strip of superficial layers of hair bearing scalp from the back and sides of the head. The strip is dissected into fine follicular units with the help of stereo microscopes and are transplanted on to the bald area (recipient area).
Advantages of FUT :
- Most reliable and economical method
- Least time consuming (takes 15 to 20 minutes to harvest any number of grafts depending on the availability in the donor area)
- Harvesting of grafts in large numbers is possible (ranging from 3,000 to 6,000 hair grafts)
This method helps in minimizing the scar which is almost invisible after some time and even new hair growth is seen through it in most of the patients.
Disadvantages of FUT:
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction):
- Linear scar will be visible at the back side of the head when tonsured (But this can be avoided when Trichophytic closure is performed by a Surgeon. That way the scar will be unnoticeable)
It is a good option for rectifying or covering smaller areas. This method involves extracting single follicular units from the back portion of the scalp and transplanting them on to bald area
Advantages of FUE:
Disadvantages of FUE:
Other Methods like BHT (Body Hair Transplant), Follicular Unit Separation Technique, DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) and all other methods are the modifications of either FUT or FUE.
- Extraction of grafts in large numbers is not possible (only grafts ranging from 500 to 1,000 can be extracted in one session)
- Tiny dotted scars will be visible when tonsured which will give it a salt and pepper appearance.
- 5 to 6 times more expensive than the FUT procedure
- More time consuming (takes 3 to 4 hours to harvest approximately 500 to 1,000 grafts)
DHI (Direct Hair Implantation)
It is a procedure where the grafts are inserted into a special instrument called implanter and implant in the recipient area. It has got its own limitations as the grafts are traumatized during the insertion into the implanter. This Indian technique does not have any special importance in the hair growth.